What is COVID-19 Coronavirus?
Coronavirus came from a massive family of already persisting viruses. This whole family of viruses has a small portion containing deadly and fatal viruses to human beings. The name coronavirus is given to this family due to the presence of crown-shaped spikes on its surface—the points on the virus body act as a junction to attach to receptor cells of the host. By connecting the ends with the host bodies, it multiplies its copies of RNA strands and grows exponentially. The name corona refers to the crown that is present on the virus’s body in the form of spikes. COVID-19 is expected to be transmitted from animal sources.
It occurs when the virus-containing comes in close contact with human beings.
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) was the first coronavirus epidemic that grew in China in 2003. It engulfed more than 800 people as a result of SARS. I was seeing it as a threat to global health, which declared the 5th public health emergency as Pandemic-019. A Health emergency was needed as the deadly virus grew.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
Symptoms of Coronavirus differ from person to person; each individual is affected differently. The symptoms start to appear from mild to critical. Some infected people do not show any signs at all and are healthy. Still, they can carry Coronavirus as a carrier and transmit it to other people. It affects older people more severely than young ones.
Children and old age people pose more threat when exposed to this Coronavirus Pandemic-2019.
Smokers are also at risk of coronavirus exposure due to destroyed bronchioles and surface membranes of their lungs. People with a healthy immune system may show minimal or no symptoms of COVID-19 at all. They still pose a threat to other people’s lives. According to WHO, reports only 1 out of 6 patients become seriously ill with the infectious COVID-19. However, there is a general trend shown in the affected coronavirus patients.
Affected individuals showed the following symptoms starting from day 1 to day 14:
- The COVID-19 affected patients show mild signs of high temperature, fatigue in their bodies, and without sputum dry cough.
- Many coronavirus patients reported pain in their bodies. Body aches were every day in elderly individuals.
- COVID-19 affected also suffered nasal cavities constriction causing difficulty in breathing.
- Coronavirus causes a runny nose; fluids keep running down the nostrils in the affected person.
- Due to infectious nature, Coronavirus causes sore throat, and patients feel difficulty in gulping anything.
- Some patients of Pandemic-2019 also reported frequent diarrhea.
The COVID-19 Coronavirus caused mild pneumonia and cold symptoms in the patients.
The viral spread medium is human droplets as the coronavirus COVID-19 spreads mainly through people to people. When an infected person coughs, sneezes, or touches on any surface, the Coronavirus is transferred. Humans, as the primary carrier, can cause exponential growth in the masculinity of Pandemic-2019. The virus stays for a few days alive on outer environment surfaces. On doorknobs, handles, clothes, and other touchable things Coronavirus can remain for a long time. Originally the Coronavirus started from China, and with the latest statistics, the numbers are even higher.
Pandemic-2019 has now affected over 199 countries. Global registered cases of coronavirus COVID-19 are 614,052. Initially, the death rate when the virus was only spreading in China was only 2%. As the Pandemic-2019 reached other countries, it caused more deaths in other countries. The total global death count is 29 238. The total number of people recovered from COVID-19 is 132,520. It made Italy the most vulnerable to COVID-19.
The numbers of infected persons are not static; affected are showing a linear graph and exponential growth of Coronavirus. The world is looking towards the model adopted by China to eradicate Pandemic-2019 successfully. Thermal Scanners are installed everywhere to avoid spread.
Treatment of Coronavirus
As of today, there is no vaccination available treating Coronavirus. A typical vaccine takes from 3 months to 2 years for development, but Pandemic-2019 has no vaccine available till now. Methods of treating Coronavirus are usually related to improving the immune system of the patients.
COVID-19. Scientists in Germany, Japan, China, and the USA are continually trying to make an effective vaccine on the coronavirus outbreak. A German pharmaceutical company projects to release the first vaccine in June 2020. However, testing kits for detecting coronavirus are made. South Korea established a testing kit that can give results in 5 to 10 minutes, and it is fastest.
Someone who is showing minute symptoms of COVID-19 should consider the following things:
- Have a sound sleep as sleeping boosts the internal immune system of the body.
- Drink warmed water and other hot beverages to clear the throat region.
- Humid shower to ease respiration and cough.
- Keep yourself warm and adequately cover yourself.
- Use a humidifier in rooms to ease respiration.
Preventive Measures in Coronavirus
Pandemic-2019 has no treatment till to date, and the only cure is prevention. Preventing COVID-19 is the utmost priority to contain the spread. There are specific procedures to stop the viral spread. As stated above, the person can be a carrier without even knowing or showing any symptoms. China built separate isolation hospitals to fight the disease. China gave strict guidelines to contain the spread of the Coronavirus. The whole world is emphasizing on preventing the outspread of the virus. There are certain strict guidelines to follow for containing virus outspread. As it is affecting all countries globally without any discrimination so these guidelines work for all.
The following are the preventive measures we can take to contain Coronavirus.
- Avoid social gatherings and attending weddings or other sport or entertainment events.
- Governments are forcing complete lockdowns so people can stay at home.
- Avoid touching your mouth with hands.
- Wear masks to avoid any foreign material to enter into the mouth.
- When outside always use gloves and wear masks.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 lives outside the body 48 to 72 hours depending upon the surface, so avoid touching any surface.
When outside do not touch knobs, railings, metal handles or any exposed surface. Use gloves for unintentional contact.
- Wash hands regularly with soap after every one hour. Wash hands up to 20 seconds with soap. It is the most important requirement in containing Pandemic-19.
- Keep your clothes clean, wear new clothes and wash away old ones immediately. Change them after every day as Coronavirus stays on the surfaces.
- Use alcoholic hand sanitizers to remove anything attached to hands. Pandemic-2019 is a serious threat to global health; it needs to be taken seriously.
- \Avoid shaking hands and getting too close to others as you don’t know about all infected persons.
- Comply with the governments to contain the virus as we all are in this together, we should fight together.
- Keep fair distances and remain at home.
Coronavirus COVID-19 is a global pandemic (Pandemic-2019), we are in this together. Keep you and your family safe. The best way is to isolate itself for at least 14 days. If the virus could not find a new host it will eventually die out. Take it seriously and spread awareness to others via social platforms. We can defeat it by simply following preventive guidelines.
Q1 When does a person show coronavirus symptoms?
The COVID-19 incubation period is 1 to 14 days as per statistics. Some people start showing symptoms from 1 to 5 days. Some people do not show any symptoms at all but they are carriers. If the symptoms start to develop chronically that person needs health assistance. So it is better to ensure preventive measures to avoid the viral spread.
Q2 How long COVID-19 can survive outside the host body?
Coronavirus Pandemic-2019 can survive outside the body on surfaces from hours to days. The studies till now suggest it can live outside in favorable conditions. It is believed to last longer on metal surfaces. The virus dies out in harsh conditions such as high temperatures, dry environments, etc. Try cleaning metal knobs with disinfectants regularly to kill the virus.
Q3 Do I need to go to the doctor for a coronavirus test?
First, isolate yourself at home and see whether you develop any symptoms or not. If you develop any symptoms then go to medical healthcare for the test.
Q4 How long does the mask work?
Masks are disposable and usually meant for infected people so they do not spread it. These masks are scarce right now as they are disposable.
Q5 what to do in the current Pandemic-2019 situation?
COVID-19 is already causing panic among the masses. The best thing to do right now is to stay at home. Try studying a book or watch movies from your watch list. The best thing to do right now is to stay at home.